Skip to content

New Here?

Please Note: The resources in this directory are national and local resources and service providers that support individuals impacted by gun violence. This list was compiled by local Everytown Survivor Network and Moms Demand Action volunteers. The Everytown Survivor Network and Moms Demand Action do not endorse or recommend any specific service provider.

National Resources

National Distress Helpline (all ages) 1-800-985-5990

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (all ages) 1-800-273-8255

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233

National Sexual Assault Hotline (all ages) 1-800-656-4673

Trevor Line (for LGBTQ teens and young adults) 1-866-488-7386

Finding Local Resources

If you are a survivor of gun violence, you may need local resources. Most communities offer information and referral services that can help you connect to services and programs close to home. Below are instructions on how to find help with common needs following a crisis event:

  1. Contact your local or state resource by dialing 2-1-1 on your phone. 2-1-1 is a formal information and referral system that gathers, organizes, and maintains information on community services and programs. When you call 2-1-1, be prepared to provide your zip code and a list of needs. 
  2. Alternatively, you can search the internet for 2-1-1 databases that apply to your state, city, or area. Type “2-1-1” and the name of your state or city into the search box. Your search results will likely give you a link to your state or local 2-1-1. Once you arrive at the 2-1-1 site, you will be prompted to enter your zip code. You can browse the site by need category (i.e. crisis hotline, crime victim compensation, etc.), or you can search by the name of a particular agency.
  3. Here is a space for you to note some of your local crisis services:

Employee Assistance Programs

Many people who work, or whose spouse/partner work, have access to what is called an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). These programs are offered by employers to help employees with a crisis or other counseling needs. Some EAPs are offered as part of an insurance plan, others are independent. You can look at the back of an insurance card to see if an EAP number is listed, or you can call your human resources department to see if an EAP is offered. 

Everytown for Gun Safety Resource Sheets

Everytown has prepared information on several topics that can be easily accessed by going to our Moments That Survive page, including the following:

Trauma and Gun Violence

Acute Stress Disorder and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Taking Care of Yourself

Coping With Traumatic Grief

Children’s Responses to Trauma

Download this page as a PDF