About Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America
Press Contact: Shannon Watts, Founder, Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America; Phone: 404-580-3500; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America is a grassroots effort formed in the wake of the devastating mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut.
Horrified and heartbroken by the events in Sandy Hook, mothers of the United States are coming together to fight for tougher gun control measures. The group’s founder is Indiana mother of five Shannon Watts. Now thousands of moms have joined her. We’re growing by the day with more members and dozens of state and local chapters.
Together, we hope to prevent more moms from experiencing the pain and heartache of those moms in towns whose names are etched forever in our memories: Littleton, Paducah, Blacksburg, Aurora, Tucson, and now Newtown.
We understand the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms—just not ALL arms. Let’s make our country a better, less violent place for them.
Moms Demand Action is unaffiliated with any other organization or political party. We were independently founded on Dec. 14, 2012.
Moms Demand Action was founded to demand action NOW to:
1) Ban assault weapons and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
2) Require background checks for all gun and ammunition purchases.
3) Report the sale of large quantities of ammunition to the ATF, and ban online sales of ammunition.
4) Make gun trafficking a federal crime with serious criminal penalties.
5) Counter gun industry lobbyists’ efforts to weaken gun laws at the state level.
With the news media? Click here for press releases.