Dear President Obama, I am 12 years old and in seventh grade. We have lockdown drills for if someone enters the school. I always looked at those as drills we just have to do. I will never think that way again. I can’t think of losing my brother or anyone.
I think that we should not be able to buy guns that fire that fast. Please make a law so that we can be safe wherever we are. Click here for entire letter.
— Seventh Grade Student in California
Has Someone Been Shot To Death Near You Since the Newtown Massacre?
Search By Zip Code To Learn about the 812 People Killed With A Gun In The Last Month
Vice President To Announce Recommendations For Addressing The Nation’s Epidemic Of Firearm Violence On Tuesday
Vigils Planned Around The Nation To Mark Anniversary; Groups Calling For Both Debate And Action
• CT Gov. Malloy: ‘What Is Our Responsibility…To Those We’ve Lost, To One Another, To The Children, And To Future Generations?’
• One Month After, Newtown Deals with the Physical Reminders of the Massacre
• Biden draws NRA ire in drive against gun violence
• Why the Sandy Hook Shooting Is So Painful for All of Us
• Sen. Joe Manchin: Need an ‘All-In Approach’ to Curb Gun Violence