Everytown Launching NRA-Russia Electronic Billboards, Mobile Truck Billboards, Digital Ads and Snapchat Filter Ads as NRA Leaders, President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence Appear in Dallas for Annual NRA Convention
CNN Reports NRA Is “Setting Aside Years of Documents Related to its Interactions with a Kremlin-Linked Banker” Who is Reportedly at the Center of an FBI Probe “As the Gun-Rights Group Appears to be Bracing for a Possible Investigation”
DALLAS – Today, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund announced that it is launching a suite of ads highlighting the NRA’s connections with Russia, which will be seen in Dallas during the duration of this week’s annual NRA convention.
The ads ask the NRA questions, which it has been reluctant to answer fully since media began reporting alarming revelations about the NRA and Russia more than a year ago.
In Russian and English, the ads ask “Why have you cozied up to Vladimir Putin’s Kremlin?” and “How much money have you taken from Russia?”
STATEMENT FROM ANDREW ZUCKER, FEDERAL MEDIA RELATIONS DIRECTOR FOR EVERYTOWN FOR GUN SAFETY:
“The drumbeat of alarming news about the NRA and Russia is only getting louder as the NRA prepares for its annual convention. It’s time for the NRA to come clean — on Russian money and its ties to Russia — and this year’s NRA convention is the perfect time to do it.”
- Digital billboards, viewable from I-35 driving into Dallas from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport;
- Four mobile truck billboards, which will circle around the Kay Bailey Hutchison Center, Omni Dallas Hotel, Dallas City Hall and other locations in Dallas for the duration of the convention;
- Animated ads on Thursday as part of a homepage takeover of the Dallas Morning News, with a click-through that goes to a landing page with additional reported information about the NRA’s connections with Russia. Ads will continue on Friday, coinciding with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence’s appearances at the convention; and
- Geofenced NRA-Russia Snapchat ads, which will be viewable around the Kay Bailey Hutchison Center.
Locations where local media can find the mobile truck billboards:
Thursday, May 3
- 3 p.m. – 11p.m. circling around the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
Friday, May 4
- 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. circling around the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. circling around the Omni Dallas Hotel (during the Women’s Leadership Forum Luncheon and Auction)
- 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. circling around Gilley’s Southside Music Hall (during the NRA Country Jam)
Saturday, May 5
- 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. circling around the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. near Dallas City Hall (during the StudentsMarch “Rally4Reform” co-sponsored by Everytown for Gun Safety)
Sunday, May 6
- 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. circling outside the Omni Dallas Hotel (during the NRA’s National Prayer Breakfast)
- 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. circling outside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center