Father’s Day 2013
[slider_pro id="18" width="580px"]
Let’s hear it for Dads! Over the past six months, thousands of fathers have joined our fight to bring gun sense to America—and our Dads Chapter is growing every day. As parents, we are united by our unwavering drive to protect our kids and make them safer from gun violence.
This Father’s Day, we’re thanking the dads who support gun sense, and we’re asking the men of Congress to join our dads in working toward gun reform.
Make Paper Ties and Cards
Say Happy Father’s Day to your elected officials and ask them to stick their necks out for gun sense. Follow the instructions below to make a paper necktie that proclaims “I Have Gun Sense.” Then, make a Father’s Day card that:
- Wishes the legislator a Happy Fathers Day;
- Thanks him for having gun sense or asks him to support gun sense;
- Invites him to join the Dads Chapter of Moms Demand Action; and
- Asks him to share a picture of himself wearing his tie, either by Tweeting to @MomsDemand and using the hashtag #ihavegunsense or emailing a picture to email@example.com.
- Please make ties and cards for all the dads in your life who support gun sense and ask them to join our Dads Chapter. Be sure they share their photos with us, too!